【澳洲】Victoria announces return to school plan to stop virus spread

Victorian students will be back in the classroom in a matter of weeks with a raft of measures added to keep them safe.

Victoria has revealed its long-awaited schools plan, with the state’s entire cohort of students to be back in class by June 9. Premier Daniel Andrews announced the plan this morning, thanking parents and teachers for their patience. “I know the last four weeks have been very, very challenging,” he said. Victorian Education Minister James Merlino said the state was implementing a range of measures to ensure schools were as safe as possible for both students and staff. Schools will have "all the PPE equipment that they need,” Mr Merlino said, adding that additional supplies of PPE equipment had already been placed across the state. Schools will also have “all the hand sanitiser that they need,” he added. Mr Merlino said schools across the state would adhere to the "very strong guidelines and advice from the Chief Health Officer in terms of hygiene and cleaning practices within schools". The government has also spent $45 million for additional cleaning for the remainder of term 2 and all of term 3. "In addition to the normal cleaning that happens, there will be cleaning every day – disinfect cleaning, high-touch points, every single day throughout the course of the day at schools for the rest of this term and all of term 3," Mr Merlino said.


A cleaner is seen Meadowglen Primary School in Melbourne on May 3 after a teacher tested positive to the virus. Picture: Scott Barbour/AAPSource:AAP


To ensure teachers and other staff feel secure in schools, coronavirus testing for the next two weeks would be focused on schools. “Over the next two weeks there will be a particular focus on teachers, so there will be both mobile and fixed points where teachers, education support staff and principals can be tested voluntarily,” Mr Merlino said. “This has been really well received by the profession and will provide another stage of reassurance for our teaching workforce.” Within school, teachers and staff will adhere to social distancing advice and work stations will be separated “as much as possible”. Staggered pick-up and drop-off times and staggered lunch breaks for students would also be part of the “new normal” for Victorian schools. Mr Merlino encouraged parents and other adults to stay away from schools outside of their designated pick-up and drop-off times. A handful of smaller measures would also be used to stop the spread of germs and large groups from congregating. “Things like assemblies, camps and excursions will not occur at this point,” Mr Merlino said. “And kids will be drinking out of water bottles, they won't be drinking out of fountains.” Premier Dan Andrews announced the details of the two-stage school plan this morning. "On 25 May, there will be a pupil-free day, and on 26 May classes will resume for prep, Grade 1, Grade 2, Year 11 and Year 12 students," he said. "This is a staged approach, a staggered approach, both in terms of public health – to limit the number of people that are moving throughout the Victorian community – and also for a whole range of practical reasons, to give schools the appropriate time to move back to face-to-face teaching." Mr Andrews confirmed all of Victoria's students would be back in school by June 9. "From June 9, Years 3-10 will join the rest of their schoolmates, and will have a full complement of students across government schools," he said. "This is really important but it is an equally important opportunity for me to thank parents for the contribution they have made to flattening the curve, suppressing this virus, making sure that we had this virus under control, to save lives, to stop our health system being overrun.”


資料來源:news.com.au https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/parenting/school-life/victoria-announces-return-to-school-plan/news-story/1c016f996333bcf74f8e77dba1bfca9a

最新文章

查看全部

【台灣】國內累計443人確診,427人解除隔離

中央流行疫情指揮中心今(1)日表示,國內昨(31)日新增237例新型冠狀病毒肺炎相關通報,截至目前累計通報72,319例(含71,287例排除),其中443例確診(今日新增案443),分別為352例境外移入,55例本土病例及36例敦睦艦隊。確診個案中7人死亡,427人解除隔離,其餘持續住院隔離中。 指揮中心指出,全球累計6,195,424例確診,分布於187個國家/地區;病例數以美國1,817,7

【台灣】建立健康安全防護網,持續優化科技智慧防疫

中央流行疫情指揮中心今(1)日表示,科技防疫在本次國內COVID-19(武漢肺炎)疫情防治扮演極為重要的角色,我國在疫情初期,即以超前部署的概念,規劃可能需要的防疫作為,從邊境管制到社區管理,建置多項智慧防疫系統及訂定「實聯制措施指引」,多方面保護民眾的健康及隱私。 指揮中心指出,我國智慧防疫系統包括「入境檢疫系統」,從旅客入境健康聲明即開始彙整相關資料,並拋轉至「防疫追蹤系統」,提供第一線民、警

【台灣】國衛院新冠病毒快篩試劑 非專屬授權技轉成果說明

國家衛生研究院(國衛院)與國防醫學院預防醫學研究所(國防醫學院預醫所)共同合作之「新型冠狀病毒快篩試劑」已於4月8日舉辦非專屬授權技術說明會,逾20家國內快篩試劑相關廠商共同與會,並陸續收到十多家具相關生產製造經驗之廠商投件申請。其中,有多家廠商採取策略聯盟的方式遞件申請,透過結合上、中、下游的力量,包含抗體生產、試劑製造到臨床試驗等重要環節,期盼藉由運用所屬技術優勢發揮加乘效果,以利快速完成快篩

版權所有 教育商城 |  TaiDa International Education Services

Copyright© 2020 All Rights Reserved.

本網頁各連結標題及連結內容歸原權利人所有 /  未經書面允許 不得轉載或節錄引用